Date: 20th Oct 2021
Time: 16:00 - 17:00 (GMT+8)
The school’s learning environment is key to success.
High-quality teaching and learning depend on:
• A strong culture and climate favouring learning
• A compelling vision for the school, with a clear mission statement describing how to achieve that vision
Collectively, culture, climate, vision and mission drive attitudes and behaviours.
The first dimension or domain of The Balanced Scorecard focuses on the school’s learning environment, exploring:
• The effectiveness and impact of the school’s vision, is it shared?
• Does it influence day-to-day activities?
• What is the school’s mission, and does it have a plan to drive improvement by articulating strategies, priorities, and objectives?
• A school’s culture and how it supports or jeopardises the learning environment
The BSfS programme’s first domain examines the school’s foundation for achieving quality teaching and learning.