|Name of Organisation
||Marshall Cavendish Education Pte. Ltd.
||Acquisitions Associate - ELT
|Role and responsibilities
- Conduct market research for both print and digital products and interpret the findings to inform the publishing plans.
- Achieve signing targets in line with the publishing plans and strategic direction.
- Keep abreast with market trends and customers’ needs.
- Commission authors and negotiate contracts.
- Conceptualise publications.
- Work with authors on proposals and sample chapters and evaluate them.
- Build business cases and gather buy-in for publication proposals.
- Assist Publisher in developing publishing programme.
- Assist Publisher in executing publishing strategy.
- Manage author relationship.
- Work with Sales and Marketing on marketing messages to achieve sales targets.
- Work with authors and colleagues to ensure high quality and timely publications.
- Good degree with an excellent command of English.
- Able to understand and respond quickly to market developments, new trends and potential business opportunities.
- Market focused and commercially driven.
- Able to build strong personal networks with the education community.
- Able to demonstrate creativity, excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills.
- Editorial, teaching or sales and marketing experience, especially in the educational publishing industry, will be an advantage.
Click here to email your application to us.