Marshall Cavendish Education (MCE) is the leading national and regional provider of K–12 (Pre-school, Primary and Secondary) educational solutions.
As Art Director, you will form part of the Creative Team to provide design, layout, art directing and take overall design ownership of the various publications of Marshall Cavendish Education materials.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop content to align with MCE Curriculum Framework.
- Manage, design and take design ownership of allocated titles and publications, working closely with the Creative Director and editorial team to visually conceptualize the look and feel of the various titles, including their multiple feature components and cover.
- Manage and be responsible and accountable as team leader for your Design team.
- To allocate resources, workload and workflow, communicate and ensure expectations and schedules are met.
- Ensure a high level of consistent and creative design output from your team.
- To have hands-on approach with design, conceptualizing, executing and producing high quality publications.
- There are numerous titles and publications throughout the year, both new and existing. You will be expected to set the templates, visual style and tone of the books, find illustrators, photographers, research and work with the editorial team to call in images and oversee all design elements of the publications allocated to you and work with Project Coordinators to commission illustrators and photographers.
- Manage the entire design and production process.
- Work closely with the editor and team to create new section/feature templates when required.
- Work closely with the production team, which includes the reproduction and print process, checking final artwork proofs and in-position proofs with both the Editor and Production teams.
- Work closely with in-house team of illustrators and project coordinators.
- Responsible for QC work that is produced from said partners.
In order for you to succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to meet datelines, be creative and has good design capabilities, good communication skills, ability to co-ordinate the design production process, i.e. managing design deadlines and deliverables, liaising with project coordinators/managers, illustrators, photographers, editors and the production team.
You will also need to be able to fit in with the Company culture, management and employees.