Marshall Cavendish Education (MCE) is the leading national and regional provider of K–12 (Pre-school, Primary and Secondary) educational solutions.
As Senior Project Lead, you will form part of the Creative Team to manage and coordinate the internal and/or external workflow for layout, design and illustration across the various publications of Marshall Cavendish Education materials.
Role and responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate workflow between editorial, design, production and take scheduling/production ownership of allocated titles and publications.
- Manage and accountable for the Project Management team, which includes responsibility like allocating resources, workload and workflow. This includes communicating and ensuring expectations and schedules are met.
- Work closely with Creative Director, designers, illustrators and editorial team and ensuring production of materials are on schedule and budget.
- Work closely with Creative Director to delegate jobs to designers/illustrators and ensure all jobs are done within assigned deadlines.
- Coordinate and discuss projects requirements with Production Team.
- Responsible for production timeline, coordination, project workflow and SOP.
- Tracking project timeline and ensuring work completion with vendors, packagers, freelancers and any other related partners.
- Oversee project quality, quotations, payments, vendors and any production related duties.
- Checking, QC of layout and images from external parties to ensure files are of suitable format before printing.
- Work with various offshore design vendors, packagers, partners on design templates, guidelines, style-sheets which needs to be comprehensive and detailed.
- Any other adhoc task as assigned by Creative Director.
In order for you to succeed in this role, you will need to have experiences in client/project management background in related field. You should have experiences as traffic controller, with some design experiences a plus.
You should have good time and resource management capabilities, the ability to meet datelines, good communication skills, proactive and good solution solver. You should be able to co-ordinate the design production process, i.e. managing deadlines and deliverables, liaising with project managers, illustrators, photographers, editors and the production team.
You will also need to be able to fit in with the Company culture, management and employees.