Workshop for Parents
The PSLE is the first major exam children take in their learning journey as students in the Singapore education system. This exam is stressful for both parents and students alike and parents often wonder how they can give their children the best support they can to help them achieve academic success.
In this workshop on PSLE English, we aim to equip you with practical and effective strategies to help your child develop a strong language competence and nurture an ever-present positive learning mindset.
Our subject expert will provide you with a clear understanding of all that the PSLE paper entails and some specific learning strategies that you can use to coach your child at home. Apart from the learning aspect of exam preparation, our speaker will also provide some useful tips and tricks on how to manage and nurture your child’s learning attitude in a positive direction.
In this English workshop, parents will learn:
- An overview of the English examination
- Exam syllabus and format
- The new writing format
- How marks are allocated
- Emerging trends in questions
- Analysis of sample essays and bench-marking these for displaying competency in skills tested
- The various components of the Paper 2 and a closer examination of the more challenging components
- Comprehension (open-ended)
- Various levels of comprehension questions and what they are really testing your child on
- How to read and interact with the passage by annotating relevant points
- How to answer the questions accurately
- Comprehension cloze
- Synthesis and Transformation
- Our very won 1-2 Punch Method to help your child get full marks and avoid errors
- Materials and lunch will be provided
- The minimal class size to start a class is 20pax. If the no. of participants fall below the minimal class size, a full refund will be given to participants.
Marshall Cavendish Education reserves the right to amend the programme outline of the workshop. Terms and conditions apply.