When it comes to PSLE preparation, many parents want to give the best support to their children in helping them achieve academic success. In this series of workshops, we equip you with practical and effective strategies to manage exam preparation jitters. Our subject experts, who have more than 10 years of teaching experience, will delve into the curriculum topics of each subject to help parents understand outcomes of the national exam and key focus areas of the various subjects to be able to coach your children using effective learning strategies.
In this 2-part series workshop, parents will learn:
- What the PSLE Chinese Paper entails
- Exam syllabus and format
- Components in the Chinese paper
- What distinguishes an A and A* grade
- How to score in the Oral exam to excel in PSLE
- Why should you focus on the oral component in the PSLE Chinese exam?
- Tips & strategies to acing PSLE chinese oral
- Ways to improve writing and comprehension
- Learning opportunities at home and outdoors
- What defines a good piece of composition
- Use of good words and phrases in composition
- Learn strategies to finding the answer from the comprehension passage and how to express the answer in your own words
- Conditioning your child for PSLE Chinese
- Maintaining your own learning notes
- How to mark comprehension questions
- The comprehension questions and its relation to Bloom's Taxonomy
1.Please note that the workshop will be conducted over 2 weekends, 27 May & 3 June 2017
2. Workshop is from 9am to 3.30pm
3. Materials and lunch will be provided
4. Chinese PSLE workshop for child is also available
Marshall Cavendish Education reserves the right to amend the programme outline of the workshop. Terms and conditions apply.