Workshop for Parents
Date: 4 November 2017, Time: 9am - 4pm
The PSLE is the first major exam children take in their learning journey as students in the Singapore education system. This exam is stressful for both parents and students alike and parents often wonder how they can give their children the best support they can to help them achieve academic success.
In this workshop on PSLE English, we aim to equip you with practical and effective strategies to help your child develop a strong language competence and nurture an ever-present positive learning mindset.
Our subject expert will provide you with a clear understanding of all that the PSLE paper entails and some specific learning strategies that you can use to coach your child at home. Apart from the learning aspect of exam preparation, our speaker will also provide some useful tips and tricks on how to manage and nurture your child’s learning attitude in a positive direction.
In this 2-part series workshop, parents will learn:
- What the PSLE Maths syllabus and exam format entails
- The various types of PSLE Maths questions (varying difficulty levels and cognitive demands)
- How to diagnose children's areas of weaknesses to intervene effectively
- based on real work samples completed in earlier PSLE Maths Student Workshop
- How to coach children to solve challenging word problems and non-routine tasks
- How to maintain positive and supportive parent-child relationship throughout the PSLE journey
- Materials and lunch will be provided
- The minimal class size to start a class is 20pax. If the no. of participants fall below the minimal class size, a full refund will be given to participants.
Marshall Cavendish Education reserves the right to amend the programme outline of the workshop. Terms and conditions apply.