Students often find the PSLE English paper daunting in its importance and with the syllabus change in 2015, many are scrambling to get their marks up to par. They pore over countless assessment books and attend tuition classes only to end up with the same marks over and over again.
What they do not realise is that practice does NOT make perfect, practice makes a habit. What they need is a shift in the way they think about things in order to see a change in their marks.
In this workshop, our speaker will provide some practical strategies for reading and writing to the students that will help boost their understanding of what constitutes great reading and great writing! Through interesting activities, this workshop will also help them see the fun in learning!
In this 2-part series workshop, students will learn about:
- The 5 Deadly Character Flaws – crafting a story from the inside-out!
- At the heart of every good story lies a flawed character who wants to/learns how to change.
- The 5 Flaws: Greed, Laziness, Anger, Envy, Pride
- Unexpected (yet logical) plot twists!
- Identity shifts, unexpected consequences, defying the reader’s expectations
- The 1-2 Punch Method of Combining Sentences
- Strategy for Synthesis & Transformation
- The importance of asking the right questions (at the right time) – what is “right” anyway?
- Tenacity in asking questions – even if it means stinging your ego
- Situation Awareness – Jump out of your inner world sometimes!
- Classical Cases of People Asking the Right Questions who changed the world!
1. Please note that the workshop will be conducted over 2 weekdays, 5 & 6 June 2017.
2. Workshop is from 9am to 3.30pm
3. Materials and lunch will be provided
4. English PSLE seminar for parent is also available
Marshall Cavendish Education reserves the right to amend the programme outline of the workshop. Terms and conditions apply.